Monday, November 12, 2007

Intensity! :)

Thanksgiving is fast approaching, so I would love to share that this holiday is my favorite. I love how its about celebrating who you have and what you have. There is no greedy obsessions with gift getting. It’s all about celebrating family and friends. It’s about enjoying a delicious meal made by family. I love the food of Thanksgiving. I love eating enough food for five, yes I admit it. I love the turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, sweet potatoes, and many more goodies. A lot of naps are taken when I celebrate Thanksgiving. There is a nap and then the dessert feast which includes so many different pies that makes Rachel glee with excitement. And then here she goes again, taking another nap. Watching March of The Wooden Soldiers is a tradition I try to keep doing because I enjoy that funny movie. Since Thanksgiving is all about being thankful what you have, its more than the delicious food that I am thankful for, its more.

I am thankful for so many things….well….because so many things help me to be a pretty happy person. I am thankful for certain emotions. I am thankful for the ability to be happy, the ability to live peacefully, the ability to laugh and create memories. I am thankful for being able to take pictures to capture these memories. I am thankful for romance, when people do sweet things for others to show they care. This sounds stupid but I’m grateful that flowers exist, that I can just look at them and smell them because they are just beautiful. I am grateful for vacations, to be able to go to some place different, explore and learn with my loved ones. I’m very thankful for concerts. This is because I am a huge music freak - music is my life. I just feel so alive and happy when I can dance during one of my favorite artist’s concerts. I’m am happy that books exist, books take me to other places with my imagination as well as teaching me about real life through fictional characters. I enjoy the teenage drama books because they make me feel less stressed about my life because theirs is so more dramatic. Being the girly girl that I am, I am thankful for fashion, jewelry, and clothes. Shopping releases my stress and getting new things makes me happy. I just can’t help it, It’s an obsession. I am also thankful for excellent movies and amazing TV shows. They show me a good time. A very important thing I am thankful for is music. This is needed for my everyday survival. I couldn’t imagine my life without music, I think I would be a very miserable being. I love to sing, think about what an artist feels when they write the song, and it just can turn my frown upside down. The Beatles make me happy and carefree. AC/DC brings out the rocker badass in me. Justin Timberlake brings out the dancing sexy Rachel in me. Billie Holiday makes me feel so peaceful and relaxed. Jay-Z brings out the inner gangster in me, yeah that’s right, I said it. Frank Sinatra makes me want to swing dance (if I could) and Three Days Grace helps me sing out my anger and frustrations. Food is another major one. I am so thankful that rainbow cookies exist, people know I love those things. Grilled cheese sandwiches, ziti, caesar salad, cranberry juice and black cherry soda are extremely important to my well being.

These are the little….day to day things that I am passionately thankful for but there are more important things. This is why I save the best for last. Above all these things, I am very much so gladly thankful for my family and friends. Without them, I wouldn’t know who I am today. They have made me stronger, better, wiser, and a better friend. The most important person in my life is my mom. Mom is such a typical and boring title. I like to refer to my mom as “madre-face”. I don’t remember where it came from but I enjoy it and no one has ever thought of it. She likes it too. We have an awesome relationship and I couldn’t ask for anything better. Nothing could top this. As years went on, we became closer, she is like my best friend of the older generation. She knows pretty much everything that has happened to me. Whether its school, drama with friends, or boyfriends, she is always there to listen and offer advice. I love going food shopping for her often because I feel she deserves time for herself for all that she has done for me. No matter what I do, I never seem to get into trouble because she knows she was worse than me at my age. Sometimes I come home from a tiring day of work and school and she will greet me with, “hey you skank!” in the most serious tone and a big grin on her face. She calls me bad names often and that’s why I love her with all my heart. I would do anything for her.
Next up, there is a tie for the second thankful prize. This prize goes to my younger siblings, Danielle and Zak. Danielle is two years younger than me and Zak is twelve. I love them so much. Danielle and I have became real close the past three years. We used to not really care to be in the same room but that has all changed thanks to similarities. Danielle has always been there for me, during my happy times, my stressed out times, and my depressed-in-the gutter times. She is quite the amazing lady. There are so many memories I have that I could write a book about our friendship. She is someone who never judges me, comes to me for advice, gives advice, makes me laugh harder than anyone I know, plus she once bought me roses when I was heartbroken about a stupid guy. Sometimes she kisses me on the forehead before she goes to work. It’s obvious we love each other. Zak is a funny little lad. I refer to him as Zak Attack often. It rhymes and its just an awesome name. He fancies it as well. I love to give people nicknames. It adds some spice. Zak is a little trouble maker at times because even though he is twelve, he curses a lot. He is kind of mature for his age. He enjoys watching baseball games, and he can score a 170 game in bowling. He is talented. We always find the time to play video games together (when he is nice to me) where we rock out to Guitar Hero or watch our favorite show Degrassi. Even though we are eight years apart, we actually have similar hobbies. We have fun hanging out and doing whatever. Not only are we family but we are friends, and that’s something I am very grateful for.

Friendship is very important to me. I learn from my friends and they learn from me. We have happy times and sometimes we hit those rough patches but we all know who is a real friend when you get through them. Some I have known not that long and others for a very long time but I still feel strong about them. After a while, they do indeed become part of my family. Nick, Kel, Meg, Sammi, Keith, and Steph fill these characteristics. Nick is my wonderful boyfriend. Even though I have only known him for six months, and we have dated for four of them, it defiantly feels longer than that. He is incredible with all that he does for me. Its ridiculous and I’m very thankful to have him. He cares for me more than any guy ever has. One time he came to my house when I was depressed and upset about school, the problem was that I was at work and he waited around for an hour till I got out of work to see me because he was worried. It brought joy to my heart. Kel is a lovely woman. We met in the eight grade and became fun friends. We were so close in the tenth grade. We watched Cruel Intentions literally every Friday because we thought Ryan Phillippe was hot. We have a lot of memories as well. The past few years we haven’t seen each other much because of work, school, and we made different friends. It kinda sucks that we don’t see each other much but its cool. Meg is my lover on the side. We met at Waldbaums (where I still work) about three years ago. We have been hanging out a lot the past two years, she def loves me and it’s a mutual feeling. Sammi is Kel’s sidekick, her wife. I have known Sammi since twelfth grade. She is quite hilarious and does funny dances in parking lots cause she is crazy. The list continues onto Steph or the Steph-nator as I call her often. I know Steph thorough my ex-boyfriend Pete since March 06. We have great times together. She always comes to me with her problems and always strikes up random conversations with people wherever we go and it’s a fun time. Steph is absolutely beautiful and this is why she is a successful model. I kinda wish I could do that. I also love being friends with Keith. He is my oldest friend (24) and he is a dad but he acts like he is 15. We have a lot in common and have a lot of fun. We have went through a lot of drama but we got through it like troopers. I am entirely grateful for these people. Without them I can’t imagine life. It would be life without happiness!

No comments: